Note: This page is under construction. We will update the projects with our recent progress soon.
· Novel material systems for nonlinear optics, lasing and bio/chemical sensing applications.
Currently we focus on the silicon-chip based ultra-high-quality micro-resonators made from spin-on glass. The spin-on glass is a kind of glass obtained by curing a special liquid using sol gel or wet chemical synthesis to form a layer of glass. The main advantage of the spin-on glass is the easy tailoring of the nano/micro structure of the glass by controlled variation in the precursor solutions. It enables us to fabricate various micro/nano photonic devices from advanced materials with desired properties.
· Ultra-high-quality optical resonators and Ultra-low-threshold silicon-based microlasers
· Single particle detection for environmental and biological applications
· Plasmonics for nano-photonic devices
Our group is a member of:
We thank support from:
Prof. Lan Yang
Department of Electrical and Systems Engineering
- Campus Box 1042, Washington University
- Saint Louis, MO 63130
- Email: email@example.com
Phone: 314-935-9543, Fax: 314-935-7500